The POLICE Inspector attached to Intelligence Response Team (IRT) was killed on Monday night while four others were injured when their vehicle had a lone accident on Wukari Road in Ibi, Taraba State.
It was gathered that the operatives, who rode in a white Toyota Hiace bus with registration number (Abuja) BP222RSH, had gone to Ibi to arrest more suspects alleged to have ties with suspected kidnap kingpin Alhaji Hamisu Bala (aka Wadume).
The eight-man team, led by Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) James Bawa, had arrested the suspects and were on their way to Wukari when they had the accident.
It was learnt that one of the back tyres of the bus suddenly burst, causing a somersault.
While the Inspector, identified simply as Clement, died on the spot, The Nation learnt that four other policemen and the five suspects sustained serious injuries.
It was also learnt that the injured were evacuated to a general hospital in the area.
Contacted, Force Headquarters spokesman Frank Mba, a Deputy Commissioner (DCP), confirmed the accident but said he had not got the details on it.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International