A large erect penis statue was built by villagers in Yothaka, Thailand’s Chachoengsao district, to relieve a drought.
Farmers in the area were worried that there hadn’t been enough rain recently and that irrigation canal water was too salty, causing crop damage.
On June 9, a massive penis statue, known as “Palad Khik,” was erected to summon rain.
This week. local village headman, Chamnan Kenthongdaeng, 52, told a press conference that on June 11, just two days after the giant penis was installed it had started raining, with a shower that lasted about half an hour.
Koson Samang, the headman of a nearby village, had made a video of the rain as proof.
However, local farmers complained that the brief shower hadn’t been long enough to irrigate their fields.
Chamnan 52, promised that prayers to the phallus will continue.
He told Pattaya News that erecting a Palad Khik, representing fertility and new growth, was a local tradition going back decades, to the time of his grandparents.
Chamnan said that the giant penis, built in the middle of the road, wouldn’t cause any problems with traffic, because it was built on a cul-de-sac.
“It will be removed as soon as the seasonal rain comes,” he promised.
Meanwhile, local residents are being encouraged to pray to the gigantic penis and leave small offerings.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )