The Oluwo of Iwo, Abdulrosheed Akanbi, has mocked the Osun State Council of Traditional Rulers over his suspension.
The Oluwo, in a 58 seconds video uploaded on his WhatsApp status in the late hours of Friday, disclosed that the kings who claimed to have suspended him were joking.
The video was shot from his throne at his palace in Iwo.
He said: “Good evening, you can see that I’m still in the palace. This is the palace of Oluwo of Iwo land. There was no suspension, and there is no suspension. The suspension of those council of Obas is audio…. Na just audio.”
“There’s no suspension. Mapariwo ooo. The AIG cleared it. Oluwo didn’t punch anybody. So, don’t listen to some people saying that they can suspend me… I don’t have to go to their meetings. I don’t care about their meetings. I remain the Alase Lori Orisa… Arole Eledumare”, he said in his speech while laughing.
VIDEO CREDIT: Premium Times
Recall Oluwo allegedly assaulted the Agboowu of Ogbaagba, Dhikrulahi Akinropo, over land dispute in Iwo land.
The assault took place at the office of the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) of Police, Zone 11, in Osogbo.
The AIG, Bashir Makama, had summoned a peace meeting to settle a land dispute happening in Iwo.
While the meeting was ongoing, Mr Akanbi allegedly stood up from where he was sitting and descended on Mr Akinropo, which led to been rushed to the hospital.
Mr Akanbi had since denied assaulting his colleague.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment