Victor Osimhen Makes top 10 transfers
After signing a five-year contract worth €50 million (£45m/$59m) in July 2020, the Nigerian striker, 22, became the most expensive player in Nigeria.
The governing body of world football said in its Global Transfer Market Report that the overall amount spent on transfer fees of $5.63 billion dropped by $1.7 billion in 2019, a fall of almost a quarter to the lowest cumulative amount since 2016.
In the report, it was disclosed that English clubs spent the most, with transfer fees totalling some $1.63 billion, followed by Italian clubs spending a combined $731.5 million on foreign movements. With $785.7 million, Spanish clubs got the most.
Without offering a precise number, FIFA said that ahead of Manchester United and Manchester City, Chelsea invested the most of any club in Europe, followed by Barcelona, Juventus and Leeds United.
Meanwhile, with 45, two more than Croatian champions Dinamo Zagreb and Watford, Manchester City posted the most outgoing transfers of any club.
A total of 17,077 foreign transfers were registered by FIFA, compared to 18,047 in 2019 and the first decrease from year to year since 2010.
More transactions were still made than in all of 2018, but FIFA said “the downward trend is clearly due to the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.””
The report lists the top 10 transfers in the men’s game, with Kai Havertz’s move from Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea prominently featuring Victor Osimhen heading from Lille to Napoli, Bruno Fernandes joining Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon and Ruben Dias leaving Benfica for Manchester City, alongside the likes of Arthur Melo’s switch from Barcelona to Juventus.
# Victor Osimhen Makes top 10 transfers
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International