Management of Vanguard Newspapers have tendered apology to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo over the controversial N90bn FIRS campaign funds ran against him, sponsored by Timi Frank.
This comes barely 24 hours after the Vice President threatened a libel suit against the newspaper if it failed to retract the story and apologize within 24 hours.
A quick check on their website showed that the story has since been pulled down while also publishing a full-page apology.
Read full statement as obtained by Focus Naija below…
RETRACTION / APOLOGY to VP Yemi Osinbajo
On our website publication of Monday, September 23, 2019 we published a story titled “N90bn FIRS Election Fund: Osinbajo’s problem, not 2023 politics.” We have since discovered that the story lacks factual substance and we hereby retract it in its entirety.
READ ALSO : Breaking : DSS yet to Release Sowore
We tender our profound apology to Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN, the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on whom the story touches directly and the All Progressives Congress, A.P.C. for any inconvenience or embarrassment the publication has occasioned them.
We hold Professor Osinbajo, S.A.N. in the highest esteem.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International