Federal Ministry of Science and Technology – The Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute (NBRRI) is one of the parastatals under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology (FMST). It was established on 1st April 1978 by the Federal Government under the National Science and Technology Development Agency Bill (Now Act) 1977 Research Institute (Establishment) Order 1977.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General/Chief Executive Officer
- We seek to recruit Director-General/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute (NBRRI), Abuja. The Institute has the national mandate for Research and Development in Building and Road Research.
- The successful candidate appointed as the substantive Director-General/CEO shall be responsible through the NBRRI Governing Board to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for the attainment of the mandate of the Institute.
Conditions for Eligibility
To apply, a candidate must:
- Possession of experience in the Management of a Research Organization will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable evidence of computer literacy is mandatory.
- Membership of local and international Professional bodies in the built environment as well as possession of patent rights in the Built Environment or related Sector will be an added advantage.
- Applicants who would have attained 60 years of age by 3 December, 2019 need not apply.
- Possess at least a Ph.D in Science and at last 15 years demonstrable Research experience in Science and Technology with verifiable background in Building and Road including service as Director (Research) in a Research Institute or its equivalent.
- Have had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least 25 scientific publications in reputable local and international peer reviewed journals relevant to Building and Road Technology.
- Have obtained his/her first Degree/Higher National Diploma from a recognized Institution.
Condition of Service
- The tenure of the post is 4 years but renewable based on performance:
- Conditions of Service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances etc. (Amendment) Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institute which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal Authorities.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copies (on re-writable CD) and fifteen (15) hard copies of their Application; current and detailed CV accompanied with photocopies of Credentials giving the following information;
- Personal Particulars:
- Full Name, Date and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, Physical and Electronic contact Addresses.
- Educational Background:
- Institutions attended with Dates, Qualifications obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinctions/Awards obtained.
- Work Experience:
- Present Employer, Position and Salary; Previous Positions held with Dates;
- List of Publications (starting from the most recent) in reputable Scientific journals;
- Leisure and spare time activities/hobbies;
- Any other relevant information in support of application;
- Names and addresses of three referees (not relations) who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/professional competence as well as conduct and character and be ready to send their reports(s) directly to the Honourable Minister of Science and Technology within the valid period of submitting application.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology,
New Federal Secretariat,
Phase II, Shehu Shagari Way,
P.M.B 331, Abuja
Application Deadline 26th August, 2019.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview.
CHECK THIS JOB ALSO : Federal University Dutsin-Ma (FUDMA) 2019 Massive Recruitment, July 2019
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]