The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional cross-cutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organised crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Contracts Assistant
Job No.: 87568
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Nigeria is considering the recruitment of Finance and Contracts Assistant – Finance, Contract and Audit section
- The successful candidate will be responsible for specific projects/programmes with primary focus on financial management, audit and monitoring.
Functions and Duties
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the responsibilities are the following:
- The section ‘Finance, Contract and Audit section’ of the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS is seeking to fill the vacancy of a Finance and Contracts Assistant
- The section is responsible for the financial management of projects and programmes funded by the European Union
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the responsibilities include the following:
- To assist in the contractual and financial management of projects and programmes funded by the European Union, in particular with tender procedures, calls for proposals, contracts, payments and follow-up of audit matters
- To advise operational sections and beneficiaries/contractors in contractual, financial and audit matters.
Functions and Duties
Budget and Finance – Financial Management:
- Ensuring analysis of invoices, proper preparation and execution of payment orders.
- Preparation of recovery orders and follow-up of recovery of the debt.
- Registration of the financial operations in the accounting databases of the European Commission and supervise proper archiving and filing of documents.
- Follow-up on the date of validity of financing decisions, bank guarantees and other legal requirements.
- Closure and de-commitments of finalised projects.
- Advice on financial aspects across the implementation of projects (including research on EC/EDF rules in order to find solutions to problematic issues).
- Contribute to the financial reporting tasks of the Delegation.
- Provide and update financial and accounting statistics using the relevant databases.
- Related correspondences (letters, mails, etc.).
- Liaise with the operational sections.
- Other tasks related to the financial implementation of programmes.
- Contribute to the application of sound financial management as well as legality and regularity of the implementation by the Delegation and the Nigerian/ECOWAS authorities of EC/EDF financial cooperation programmes and projects.
- Control and initiation of financial transactions in accordance with applicable financial regulations, manuals and policies.
- Contribute to the process of elaboration of new decisions and management of existing ones, including closures.
- Follow-up of procurement and grant procedures.
- Analysis of draft contracts, riders.
- General management and/or follow-up of the contracts.
Audit, Control and Inspection – Audit and Monitoring:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of audit activities, including the audit plan.
- Review and comment on external audit reports.
- Take part in field missions to monitor the financial accounting, budgeting and cash flow of projects.
Education and Training:
- A University Degree will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years working experience, (preferably within an international organisation or an entity dealing with development aid and projects) as assistant giving financial and/or administrative support
- A minimum of 1 year experience in CRIS and ABAC, the accounting systems in EUD, is considered an asset, and familiarity with financial procedures of EC is considered an asset.
- Ability to interpret financial data at an intermediate level and high degree of numeracy.
- Capacity to deliver in a structured way.
- Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information.
- Ability to work in a proactive, autonomous and organised way.
- Critical Analysis.
- Flexibility (openness towards new demands, new technologies, new cultures, new environment, etc.).
- Initiative / Self-starter
- Inquiring mind
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale depending on years of relevant professional experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, which should consist of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum), to the attention of “Head of Administration” by mail to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.
Note: Applications received after the deadline stated below or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)