Ahead of tomorrow’s review of Supreme Court judgment on Imo State governorship election, there is obvious anxiety and confusion among the people.
Guardian quoted some persons as expressing mixed feelings and opinions over what would the be outcome of the review.
Meanwhile, in a prayer procession organised by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Okigwe Zone, held at Isiala Mbano Council, yesterday, people of the state, including civil society groups, and religious leaders trooped out en masse, asking for God’s intervention through prayers.
Speaking, Rev. Fr. Wence Isiguzo, Rev. Fr. Cletus Chinonso, Oma Pius Oma and Misheal Ozoemena, Chairmen of Isiala Mbano and Onuimo PDP, Maurice Emezue, among others, insisted that the Supreme Court should reverse its judgment in the interest of peace, posterity and justice.
Oma said: “We are calling on God to allow justice to reign. We believe that He will listen to our cries and grant us our prayers. Imo people want Ihedioha back, because he is the one we massively voted for. We have strong faith that the review on Monday will end in thanksgiving.”
The prayer attracted party chieftains and stakeholders from the zone, including Chief Linus Anyahara, Alex Onyemaobi, Longinus Emenalom, Charles Martins Ibekwe, Coordinator Team, Ihedioha Isiala Mbano, Sir Chinedu Ahamfule and Emma Chukwuonye.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer