A business partner and lawyer-friend to Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been reportedly arrested and detained by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Uyi Giwa-Osagie is alleged to be suspected of laundering about $four million, described by the EFCC as “suspicious election cash”. The Nation reviews that the action of the EFCC adopted a suspicious transaction by a bureau de change operator.
It quoted a source on the EFCC as saying: “A BDC operator was intercepted for transport $2 million from Abuja to Lagos for suspected cash laundering.
“Upon interception by our detectives, the BDC operator admitted that Uyi Giwa-Osagie really paid the naira equal of $four million into his account in alternate for hard foreign money. “We invited Uyi for interrogation on Monday and Tuesday.
Our detectives have additionally performed a search of his dwelling. Some helpful paperwork have been retrieved.
Investigation is, however, still in progress. “Apart from paperwork referring to posh properties at dwelling and overseas, a duplicate of the EFCC Investigation Report on Atiku’s relationship with a jailed U.S. lawmaker, Williams Jefferson, was retrieved from Uyi.
“An evaluation of the account indicated that it yielded over $30 million deposits principally from a agency with a hyperlink with the PDP candidate.”
“Obviously, there have been remittances from the account of a multi-national firm linked with the PDP candidate. “We have determined to detain him pending the conclusion of investigation.“ The report additionally quoted one other source as saying Uyi is a reliable lawyer to Atiku. “It is just not misplaced if Atiku’s dossiers are discovered with him.
“You also need to appreciate his background and antecedents, he is from a very wealthy heritage. By the time he opens up, the EFCC will know that he is not an overnight associate of Atiku,” the second source stated.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International