Prominent Islamic cleric and tutor, Ahmad Gumi, has urged the Federal Government to support splinter groups among bandits as a way to stop the worsening insecurity in the nation.
Gumi in a fresh interview with Punch, said many bandits were ready for a dialogue and that the Federal government could use them to fight the “ugly ones” and end the kidnappings carried out by them.
The Sheik who had previously advocated for amnesty for bandits, said ;
“We are always trying to do our best, but you see, you need two hands to shake. You know these people (bandits) need engagements from the government itself. If you dialogue with them without the involvement of the government, it is a problem.
Government needs to be proactive with them. We have a lot of them that are ready to fight the bad ones. Use the bad to fight the ugly, and use the good to fight the bad ones when you’re done with the ugly. Look at Boko Haram, who finished Shekau? Was it not the splinter group? So, it is easy.
All these agitations you see, if the government can do a splinter group and the splinter group is empowered, every man wants power and money, they will do your job. There are many ready to submit themselves. All the ones you see me meeting in the bush, they are all telling us, ‘we are ready.’”
Google Search Terms
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)