The United States of America has cancelled the evacuation of nationals from Nigeria leaving citizens disappointed after they had waited hours at the Lagos Airport.
American nationals in Nigeria arrived at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos early, waiting to be evacuated on Friday morning. However, they were kept waiting for hours in a room filled beyond its capacity despite the Coronavirus risk that being in such close proximity poses. Also, the process involved in the evacuation was not organized.
An American national who spoke to LIB said: “There were about 600 people waiting together in a room that should contain only 200 people and there was no form of organization.”
The source adds that they were informed several times that they were bringing planes owned by “Ivorian airlines” to evacuate them from Nigeria but the flight “was cancelled several times and were not forthcoming.”
It was later revealed that the US has cancelled evacuation of nationals from Nigeria because the plane expected to airlift American nationals from Nigeria was denied permission to fly over the airspace of some countries including Ghana, before getting into Nigeria.
Source : Linda IKEJI
# US NEWS
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Digital & eCommerce Talent Pool Recruitment 2021
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Recruitment 2021
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com