A first-of-its-kind visa restriction has been introduced by the United States.
Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, disclosed this on Tuesday.
The ban was described as “first-of-its-kind”.
A State Department’s statement said it would affect wildlife and timber traffickers.
It noted that wildlife and timber trafficking are serious transnational organized crime activities that threaten national security, undermine economic prosperity, fuel corruption, and spread disease.
The new visa restriction, which relies on section 212(a)(3)(C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, is now in effect.
America said it will help disrupt the movements and business of transnational criminal organizations, making it harder for them to smuggle illegal wildlife and timber.
“The Department of State will also impose restrictions on the immediate family of traffickers who are believed to be complicit or involved in wildlife and timber trafficking”, the statement read.
U.S. added that implementation of the new tool was in furtherance of its leadership in strengthening law enforcement, countering corruption, combating organized crime, and protecting our precious natural world.
Naija News Today
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]