- Buhari Should Swear in Okumagba
- NDDC Probe is Futile
Urhobo Progress Union (UPU) urged , President Muhammadu Buhari to swear in Bernard Okumagba as the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The socio-cultural group has asked for the swearing in of Bernard Okumagba as managing director of the agency because he had been screened by the Senate.
The President-General of Urhobo Progress Union, Olorogun Moses Taiga, said the starting point was to halt the injustice in the commission by allowing Okumagba to assume his position. He told reporters in Lagos at the weekend that the probe was a mere drama.
UPU president lamented that NDDC lacked good leadership, stressing that those without the training and skills for running democratic institutions were at the helm of affairs.
He said:”Every problem must have cause and effect. It is a shame that what we fought for to alleviate the suffering of our people is being mismanaged.
“Okumagba should be the managing director. He has been sworn in by the Senate. The probe will lead to nowhere. It is a drama. What is the level of involvement of indigenes in NDDC contracts? We wait for the forensic probe, although nothing will come out of it.
“We need to know those who have done contracts with NDDC to know the proportion that has come to Niger Delta.”
Taiga defended the 13 per cent derivation approved by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, recalling that he acceded to the demand of Niger Delta governors for resource control.
He urged governments to provide infrastructure in Urhobo land .
Taiga said:”We need federal roads, particularly the East-West road, which has remained uncompleted for over 20 years, the Ughelli/Asaba road and Benin/Sapele road.”
The Urhobo leader urged the government to develop the Okwagbe/Ganagana Port in Ughelli South Council, Delta State.
He thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for naming railway stations along the Itakpe/Ajaokuta/Aladja/Warri corridor after Urhobo sons, including Major Gen. David Ejoor and Olorogun Michael Ibru.
Taiga said government should provide security to attract investment.
Source : Ejes Gist Media, The Nation
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august