- Buhari Should Swear in Okumagba
- NDDC Probe is Futile
Urhobo Progress Union (UPU) urged , President Muhammadu Buhari to swear in Bernard Okumagba as the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
The socio-cultural group has asked for the swearing in of Bernard Okumagba as managing director of the agency because he had been screened by the Senate.
The President-General of Urhobo Progress Union, Olorogun Moses Taiga, said the starting point was to halt the injustice in the commission by allowing Okumagba to assume his position. He told reporters in Lagos at the weekend that the probe was a mere drama.
UPU president lamented that NDDC lacked good leadership, stressing that those without the training and skills for running democratic institutions were at the helm of affairs.
He said:”Every problem must have cause and effect. It is a shame that what we fought for to alleviate the suffering of our people is being mismanaged.
“Okumagba should be the managing director. He has been sworn in by the Senate. The probe will lead to nowhere. It is a drama. What is the level of involvement of indigenes in NDDC contracts? We wait for the forensic probe, although nothing will come out of it.
“We need to know those who have done contracts with NDDC to know the proportion that has come to Niger Delta.”
Taiga defended the 13 per cent derivation approved by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, recalling that he acceded to the demand of Niger Delta governors for resource control.
He urged governments to provide infrastructure in Urhobo land .
Taiga said:”We need federal roads, particularly the East-West road, which has remained uncompleted for over 20 years, the Ughelli/Asaba road and Benin/Sapele road.”
The Urhobo leader urged the government to develop the Okwagbe/Ganagana Port in Ughelli South Council, Delta State.
He thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for naming railway stations along the Itakpe/Ajaokuta/Aladja/Warri corridor after Urhobo sons, including Major Gen. David Ejoor and Olorogun Michael Ibru.
Taiga said government should provide security to attract investment.
Source : Ejes Gist Media, The Nation
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International