The President-General of the Urhobo Progress Union Worldwide (UPU), Olorogun Moses Taiga has urged the Nigerian Senate to immediately lift the suspension placed on the senator representing Delta Central senatorial district, Ovie Omo-Agege.
Senator Ovie Omo-Agege tackle Senate Over suspension action
According to him, “Senator Omo-Agege is the only senator representing the entire Urhobo nation. For him to be absent at this critical time is unacceptable to the Urhobo.”
Olorogun Taiga, who said this in a statement yesterday, said the Urhobo nation, the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria, could not be without representation in the Senate for such a long and critical time.
“Elections are almost here, we are discussing the way forward for Nigeria and there are many other critical issues, including the invasion of Urhoboland by Fulani herdsmen.
“We need Senator Omo-Agege in the senate to protect and defend the Urhobo interest we sent him there to do.
“All the UPU is asking for is the reinstatement of Ovie Omo-Agege and the UPU is ready to work with the senate to ensure his prompt recall,” Olorogun Taiga added.
Olorogun Taiga said the Urhobo Nation was the greatest loser in the suspension of Senator Omo-Agege and urged all Urhobos, irrespective of political affiliations and whatever would have happened before, to work towards the lifting of the suspension.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health