UNOCHA is the a part of the United Nations Secretariat accountable for bringing collectively humanitarian actors to make sure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA additionally ensures there may be a framework inside which every actor can contribute to the general response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: National Humanitarian Affairs Officer (NHAO) – Monitoring, Reporting and Partnership
Job ID: 22678
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – Monitorin/Reporting/Partnerships
Languages: English, Hausa
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with risk for extension
- OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate efficient and principled humanitarian motion in partnership with nationwide and worldwide actors so as to:
- Alleviate human struggling in disasters and emergencies
- Advocate for the rights of people in want
- Promote preparedness and prevention
- Facilitate sustainable options.
In December 1991, the General Assembly adopted Resolution 46/182 designed to strengthen the United Nation’s response to each complicated emergencies and pure disasters. In addition, it aimed at bettering the general effectiveness of the UN’s humanitarian operations within the area.
- OCHA has established a Country-based Pooled Fund (the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund) in Nigeria in 2017 and is recruiting workers vital for the Humanitarian Financing Unit which can act, inside OCHA, because the CBPF’s Secretariat. Given the potential for pure catastrophe and ongoing battle within the north-east, it’s of utmost significance that present staffing gaps are crammed so as to assist CBPF funding necessities to humanitarian operators in-country. Expectations by stakeholders of the CBPF by way of timelines and institutional capability are excessive.
- The NHAO is anticipated to assist strengthen OCHA’s humanitarian financing, programmatic and reporting high quality and follow-up, and to assist the HFU’s administration. Main duties will embody supporting the proper working of the Grant Management System-based allocation and reporting timelines, sensitization, awareness-raising and capability improvement of NNGOs within the CBPFs work, conducting monitoring actions, in addition to different capabilities as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the general steering of the OCHA Head of Office and beneath the direct supervision of the Head of the HFU, the incumbent will probably be anticipated to have the ability to carry out the next, prioritized in keeping with operational necessities:
Summary of key capabilities:
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Support of Partnerships with native/nationwide NGOs
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Prepare and take part in conducting common area visits to challenge websites to observe implementation of CBPF-funded tasks, making certain that implementation is consistent with the challenge proposal and the grant settlement;
- Participate within the conduct of distant name monitoring campaigns for CBPF funded tasks as required;
- Prepare area monitoring studies and proposals to companions following visits to companions, making certain well timed communication of considerations about standing of tasks to the M&R focus and Head of the HFU;
- Ensures findings and outcomes of monitoring visits are shared with acceptable stakeholders and companions in a well timed method;
- Follow up with companions to make sure well timed submission of narrative and monetary studies pertaining to CBPF-funded tasks;
- Track, acquire and assessment narrative and monetary studies from CBPF companions to make sure accuracy and compliance with CBPF tips and supplies suggestions to associate and HFU senior administration as vital;
- Keep efficiency administration part up to date within the Grants Management System;
- Provide assist and data to the contracted entities answerable for monitoring of NGOs as vital.
Support of Partnerships with native/nationwide NGOs:
- Proactively map out potential companions and create linkages to the CBPF, particularly specializing in native and nationwide NGOs;
- Conduct shows and consultations with companions and potential candidates and different members of the humanitarian group so as to make clear and lift consciousness for the CBPF’s objectives and targets and eligibility procedures;
- Support the preparation and supply of trainings and workshops associated to the CBPF’s objectives and targets, grant administration and eligibility procedures, monitoring and reporting, improvement of proposal log body and budgets and so forth.;
- Support the assessment and revision means of challenge proposals advise NGOs on beneficial revisions, helping companions in revision drafting if required;
- Support the preparation of documentation associated to Humanitarian Coordinator challenge approval and disbursement actions (Fund Transfer Requests, agreements, MoU, and so forth.);
- Support preparation and execution of switch agreements to be signed by NGO and HC, following up on requests to the HFU to rearrange for fund transfers to companions;
- Participate within the assessment of paperwork submitted beneath the Due Diligence course of by organizations and in drafting studies on the associate’s capability, following up with the associate on further paperwork or data required and responding to queries as vital;
- Provide assist and data to the contracted entities answerable for the Capacity Assessment means of NGOs as vital;
- Ensure the companions’ database and data information are saved updated.
- Attend cluster and different humanitarian coordination fora as required so as to assist CBPF awareness-raising on native/nationwide NGOs;
- Communicate considerations about proposals, challenge paperwork, or implementing companions to the point of interest for M&R and the Head of the HFU;
- Contribute concepts and progressive practices for funding assist and methods;
- Support the compilation of CBPF Annual Reports and different progress, or ad-hoc studies.
- Update and preserve information on the Grant Management System (GMS).
- Act as interpreter/translator in English, Hausa and Kanori, as required.
- Prepare documentation and studies for country-level coordination boards.
- Provide logistical and secretarial assist to the Humanitarian Financing Unit.
- Support preparation of briefing packs and venue reserving as required.
- Maintain appropriate, up to date associate contact listing at all instances.
- Perform different duties as required.
Work implies frequent interplay with the next:
- Head of HFU
- M&R focus
- National and International HAOs
- Local/National NGOs
- United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programs
- Proven analytical abilities: capability to conduct unbiased analysis and evaluation, determine points, and suggest acceptable options. Ability to narrate humanitarian affairs points and views, together with gender points, to political financial, social and human rights packages. Strong negotiation abilities: capability to guide and achieve help of others in a workforce endeavor, and to articulate coherent arguments to succeed in settlement.
- Ability to work beneath excessive strain, every so often in a extremely irritating surroundings (e.g. armed battle, civil strife, pure disasters and human distress).
- Very good data of institutional mandates, insurance policies and tips pertaining to humanitarian affairs and sound data of the establishments of the UN system.
Judgment and Decision-making:
- Apply sound judgment to resolve a vary of points/issues. Will abide by safety tips.
Planning and Organizing:
- Proven capability to plan and manage, set up priorities, handle and monitor work plans, coordinate competing calls for, and work to tight deadlines.
- Solid laptop abilities, together with proficiency in phrase processing, spreadsheet functions, and related software program packages, together with e-mail.
- Proven capability to write down in a clear and concise method and to speak successfully, together with capability to arrange studies and conduct shows, articulating choices concisely, conveying most data, making and defending suggestions.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, together with capability to function successfully throughout organizational boundaries; capability to ascertain and preserve efficient working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic surroundings with sensitivity and respect for variety.
Required Skills and Experience
- Budget making ready
- Strong Presentation abilities
- Reporting abilities
- Writing abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 24th April, 2019
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications