School officials alleged that suspected armed robbers stormed Ungwar Sarki Secondary School in Kaduna on Friday morning and stole bundled examination papers destined for SS3 pupils who were preparing to write the NECO year-end examinations believing they were cash.
Even when the NECO supervisor tried to explain to the attackers that the exam papers were question papers, the gunmen nevertheless demanded that she surrender the materials.
The witnesses reported that the exam papers and answer sheets were missing.
Principal Aliyu stated to reporters that the gunmen trailed the NECO supervisor as she went to get the test papers and answer sheets from a commercial bank along Alkali Road.
To prevent her from running away, they ordered her to hand over most of the bundles of money-wrapped bills and threatened to shoot her.
It was not money they were being given, but they failed to listen. She declared, “They stole the papers and fled into thin air.”
So what we heard initially was that bandits had arrived to take our students. This attracted so many parents that the school was overrun.
Still, on coming to the school, we were told that criminals came to the school with a bag of exam papers in an attempt to rob the school.
This is particularly concerning, given we know these crooks now target our schools.
Meanwhile, it was discovered that NECO and the school had to bring in exams from other locations to facilitate the students, who were writing under heavy security observation, to complete their assignments.
It is important to remember that the Kaduna State Government closed all public and private schools for three weeks to organise a new academic calendar.
There was no statement from the state Ministry of Education about the development when the report was filed.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited