United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer – The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is a United Nations workplace that was established in 1997 because the Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention by combining the United Nations International Drug Control Program (UNDCP) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Division within the United Nations Office at Vienna. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group and was renamed the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in 2002.
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: National Programme Officer at UNODC Recruitment
Job ID: 37150
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – PROGRAMME
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 year with risk of extension
This place is positioned within the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office Abuja Nigeria (CONIG). Under the general steering of the UNODC Representative and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator underneath the respective undertaking based mostly in Abuja, the incumbent will help undertaking administration and implementation in step with written pointers and directions developed by UNODC on undertaking cycle administration and undertaking implementation.
The incumbent will work in shut collaboration with different colleagues of the undertaking, in CONIG and at Headquarters of UNODC, to create synergy and obtain full coordination of undertaking actions and efficient undertaking partnerships, particularly with the undertaking’s Nigerian stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the next duties:
- Provide substantive and organizational coordination and liaison with related authorities and worldwide companions for undertaking actions targeted on UNODC mandate areas.. Coordinate and liaise commonly on undertaking actions planning and implementation with related nationwide companions (together with designated focal factors and different senior professionals), and regional/worldwide companions current in Nigeria.
- Facilitate the graceful and efficient circulate of communication with nationwide entities, by sustaining common contact, offering required info, and many others. Support the Programme Officer and undertaking workers in following-up communication with beneficiary establishments, together with official letters, request for technical help, and the method of figuring out individuals and nationwide consultants, together with trainers, for actions underneath the undertaking.
- Provide substantive assist to conferences, coaching, conferences and workshops, together with proposing agenda matters, figuring out individuals, getting ready of paperwork and displays, and many others. Advise the Programme Officer and undertaking workers of nationwide and native issues and realities in Nigeria for correct and efficient undertaking implementation, in addition to on ways to strengthen partnerships with beneficiary establishments.
- Support the implementation, coordination and monitoring of the undertaking in line with permitted undertaking doc/revisions, legitimate donor funding agreements, legitimate insurance policies and monetary guidelines and laws, and costed work plan/s; establish bottlenecks, suggest and take corrective actions in session with senior administration. Provide substantive enter for the planning, preparation, organization and implementation of undertaking actions.
- Support the monitoring of ongoing foundation all undertaking expenditures and utilization of funds associated to the undertaking and guarantee compliance with United Nations (UN) monetary guidelines and laws, provoke undertaking and/or funds revisions when required.
- Prepare and disseminate costed workplans, phrases of reference and different associated undertaking documentation, in shut collaboration with related CONIG and Headquarters focal factors. Maintain shut working relationships with related administrative and undertaking counterparts in an effort to facilitate assembly of labor plan, journey plan and procurement plan deadlines for supply. Identify procurement wants (items and companies) and assist the total procurement cycle of the varied choices.
- Research, analyze and current info gathered from numerous sources, related for undertaking implementation associated to the respective substantive subject. Prepare numerous written outputs, e.g. briefing notes for senior administration, sections of UN/UNODC reports reminiscent of UNODC Annual Report, guarantee high quality inputs to publications, web sites and different reports. Prepare and submit for approval substantive and monetary reports, semi-annual and annual undertaking progress reports, inputs to Quarterly Field Reports (QFRs), annual reports to donors.
- Participate in or assist subject missions (e.g. Monitoring & Evaluation missions), together with provision of steering to exterior consultants, authorities officers and different parties and draft mission reports, and guarantee follow-up motion.
- Provide assist in drafting new undertaking ideas and paperwork in relation to the respective undertaking portfolio, in an effort to diversify its programme (in step with the Regional Programmes, UNODC Menu of Services and UNODC strategic frameworks) for circulation with potential companions/donors.
- Perform another work associated duties as required/assigned.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
Required Skills and Experience
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equal) in Law, Criminology, Conflict Resolution, or different related Human, Social or Political space, is required.
- A First-level University Degree in comparable fields together with further two years of qualifying expertise could also be accepted in lieu of the superior college Degree.
- A minimal of 5 years of progressively accountable skilled expertise in undertaking/programme administration or administration inside the space of rule of regulation and prison justice, or a associated subject, on the nationwide stage is required.
- Work expertise in substantive liaison and coordination at nationwide and regional stage is extremely fascinating.
- Working expertise in areas associated to the struggle in opposition to transnational organised crime is fascinating.
- Working expertise inside the United Nations system or comparable worldwide organization is a bonus.
- Demonstrated skilled competence in programme administration and implementation, ideally with a focus on prison justice issues; capability to establish and contribute to the answer of issues/points.
- Shows satisfaction in work and in achievements; is conscientious and environment friendly in assembly commitments, observing deadlines, and reaching outcomes; is motivated by skilled moderately than private issues; exhibits persistence when confronted with tough issues or challenges; stays calm in worrying conditions; takes accountability for incorporating gender views and making certain the equal participation of girls and males in all areas of labor.
- Proven interpersonal abilities and capability to ascertain and keep efficient working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic setting with sensitivity and respect for range.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues inside and outdoors of UNODC to realize organizational targets; solicits inputs by genuinely valuing others concepts and experience; demonstrates willingness to be taught from others; locations group agenda earlier than private agenda; helps and acts in accordance with last group decision even when such selections might not completely mirror personal place; shares credit score for group accomplishments and accepts joint accountability for group shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Able to ascertain priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor work whereas prioritizing competing calls for; capable of work on tight deadlines; information on learn how to develop clear targets which might be according to agreed methods.
- Foresees dangers and permits for contingencies when planning; screens and adjusts plans and tasks as mandatory; makes use of time effectively.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the place marketed, fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of one other official United Nations language is a bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Applicant Information
- All posts within the SC classes are topic to native recruitment.
- Applicant details about UNDP rosters
- UNDP reserves the best to pick a number of candidates from this emptiness announcement. We may additionally retain functions and take into account candidates making use of to this publish for different comparable positions with UNDP on the similar grade stage and with comparable job description, expertise and instructional necessities.
- Qualified feminine candidates are strongly inspired to apply.
- The United Nations doesn’t cost any application, processing, coaching, interviewing, testing or different payment in reference to the application or recruitment course of. Should you obtain a solicitation for the cost of a payment, please disregard it. Furthermore, please word that emblems, logos, names and addresses are simply copied and reproduced. Therefore, you might be suggested to apply explicit care when submitting private info on the online
Application Deadline nineteenth May, 2021 (Midnight New York, USA).
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
Some of the Top Questions people used to search out this Job Vacancies are kindly acknowledged down. See the queries beneath: