The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the profitable implementation of its companions’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and improvement initiatives all over the world. Mandated as a central useful resource of the United Nations, UNOPS gives sustainable challenge administration, procurement and infrastructure companies to a variety of governments, donors and United Nations organizations
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Information Management Associate
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5001/18411
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job classes: IT
Contract degree LICA-7
Contract kind: Local ICA Support
Department/workplace: NYSC, Peace and Security Cluster
Duration: Open-ended, topic to organizational necessities, availability of funds and passable efficiency
Peace and Security Cluster
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service supplier within the discipline of mine motion with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected international locations and different mine motion companions. The Head of Cluster is accountable to manage, present assist and oversight of the day-to-day administration of the Project Field workplaces, each in response to the client necessities and consistent with UNOPS guidelines and rules. It is headed by the Head of Cluster who has the general authority and accountability for the efficiency of the Peace and Security Cluster on behalf of its shoppers.
Background Information – Job-Specific
- UNMAS Nigeria plans, manages and oversees all mine motion actions in north-east Nigeria. It gives technical assist to all companions and ensures the right integration of mine motion into wider humanitarian help and developmental programmes. UNMAS deployed to Nigeria in July 2018.
- The Information Management Associate will likely be primarily based in Maiduguri within the UNMAS workplace located in a UN compound and can work beneath the direct supervision of the Programme and Communications Officer.
- The Information Management (IM) Associate will coordinate the Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA) for UNMAS Nigeria and he/she will likely be accountable for the next duties:
Information Management (IM) Responsibilities:
- Ensure correct functioning of IMSMA database together with putting in and sustaining IMSMA database
- Install IMSMA on companions units and prepare companions on its use
- Ensure the accuracy and operational functioning of the designed hyperlinks of the database
- Create and keep the file and doc administration system of the programme
- Create and replace IM processes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Engage with Mine Action companions to acquire info and enhance information accumulating
- Liaise with companions and signify UNMAS Nigeria in conferences associated to the features
- Make suggestions and supply recommendation on the technical info administration necessities
- Conduct month-to-month checks of IMSMA reviews to make sure completeness, integrity and high quality
- Train junior employees on IMSMA and supply distant assist to UNMAS programmes
- Verify and file all discipline information from implementers and companions into the IMSMA database
- Perform high quality assurance and associated checks throughout and after information entry
- Produce statistics and reviews from the information
- Create and keep complete mushy and exhausting archive programs
- Update each mushy and exhausting archive programs on weekly foundation
Geographic Information System (GIS) Responsibilities:
- Prepare and print informative maps with mine motion and different obtainable information
- Maintain and contribute to the operations mapping archive
- Assist with IT and different basic laptop associated points
- Contribute to Network Administration
- Assist with Database coaching and technical help to implementing companions and exterior stakeholders
- Create and replace photograph catalogue of acquired photographs from mine motion actions
- Perform every other duties assigned by the Programme and Communications Officer
- Provide reviews associated to UNMAS Nigeria work plan.
- An superior University degree (Master’s degree or equal) in Information Management, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or associated discipline with a minimal of 1 year of related expertise; OR
- A primary degree college degree (Bachelor’s degree or equal) in info administration, laptop science, Geographic Information Systems or associated discipline with a minimal of three years of related expertise; OR
- A secondary training degree (High School Diploma or equal) and a minimal of seven years of related expertise
- Relevant expertise is outlined as expertise in info administration, laptop science, GIS, database administration or information assortment
- Experience with dealing with confidential information and understanding of various information assortment methodologies is desired
- Experience in net design and software program improvement is desired
- Fluency in English (talking, writing and studying) is required
- Treats all people with respect; responds sensitively to variations and encourages others to do the identical. Upholds organizational and moral norms. Maintains excessive requirements of trustworthiness. Role mannequin for variety and inclusion.
- Acts as a optimistic function mannequin contributing to the group spirit. Collaborates and helps the event of others. For people managers solely: Acts as optimistic management function mannequin, motivates, directs and evokes others to succeed, using acceptable management types.
- Demonstrates understanding of the affect of personal function on all companions and at all times places the top beneficiary first. Builds and maintains robust exterior relationships and is a reliable companion for others (if related to the function).
- Efficiently establishes an acceptable plan of action for self and/or others to perform a objective. Actions result in complete activity accomplishment by concern for high quality in all areas. Sees alternatives and takes the initiative to behave on them. Understands that accountable use of sources maximizes our affect on our beneficiaries.
- Open to vary and versatile in a quick paced atmosphere. Effectively adapts personal method to suit altering circumstances or necessities. Reflects on experiences and modifies personal habits. Performance is constant, even beneath stress. Always pursues steady enhancements.
- Evaluates information and programs of motion to succeed in logical, pragmatic selections. Takes an unbiased, rational method with calculated dangers. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses concepts or details in a transparent, concise and open method. Communication signifies a consideration for the sentiments and desires of others. Actively listens and proactively shares information. Handles battle successfully, by overcoming variations of opinion and discovering frequent floor.
Contract kind, Level and Duration:
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
- Please be aware that the deadline is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications acquired after the deadline is not going to be thought of.
- Only these candidates which can be short-listed for interviews will likely be notified.
- Qualified feminine candidates are strongly inspired to use.
- UNOPS seeks to fairly accommodate candidates with particular wants, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and acknowledges the significance of balancing skilled and private calls for. We have a progressive coverage on work-life harmonization and provide a number of versatile working choices. This coverage applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract sorts
- UNOPS seeks to fairly accommodate candidates with particular wants, upon request.
- For employees positions solely, UNOPS reserves the precise to nominate a candidate at a decrease degree than the marketed degree of the submit
- The incumbent is accountable to abide by safety insurance policies, administrative directions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- It is the coverage of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
- Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the outcomes of such checks.
- Candidates with no UN or UNOPS expertise are strongly inspired to use!
- Open to Nationals or individuals with a legitimate Nigeria residence/work allow
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2019.
CHECK This Job : Nigerian Stock Exchange : Chief Human Resource Officer needed
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 229
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1071
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1563
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 293
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 167
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1163
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 17
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 12
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 28
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9