The United Nations is the one worldwide organization with the attain and imaginative and prescient able to fixing international issues. The United Nations Foundation hyperlinks the UN’s work with others all over the world, mobilizing the vitality and experience of enterprise and non-governmental organizations to assist the UN deal with points together with local weather change, international well being, peace and security, ladies’s empowerment, poverty eradication, vitality entry, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Intern – Public Information, at United Nations 2020 recruitment
Job Code Title: Intern Public Information
Department/Office: Department of Global Communications
Job Opening Number: 20-Public Information-DGC-133077-J-Lagos (A)
Staffing Exercise: N/A
Job Type: Temporary Job Opening)
Org. Setting and Reporting
- The Department of Global Communications/Strategic Communication division internship is for two months with a chance for extension, pending on the wants of the division and the provision of the candidate.
- The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work 5 days per week (35 hours) below the supervision of a employees member within the division or workplace to which they’re assigned.
- This internship is positioned within the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Lagos, throughout the Information Centers Service (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD), Department of Global Communications (DGC).
Daily obligations will depend upon the person’s background; the intern’s assigned workplace in addition to the internship interval. Duties could embody, however are usually not restricted to:
- Compile Daily information headlines from Nigerian media indicating the principle information articles of relevance to the United Nations;
- Ensure applicable content material is up to date day by day on the social media platforms of UNIC Lagos;
- Draft information articles and press releases on key occasions of the UN;
- Monitor actions of social media platforms of different UN entities in Nigeria to establish doable content material helpful for UNIC Lagos platforms;
- Participate in ongoing UN communication campaigns;
- Participate in and take notes of chosen conferences of significance to the Centre;
- Draft statements/speaking factors/shows for Director or NIO on occasions/actions of the Centre;
- Assist the again workplace with the implementation of administrative duties (draft responses, submitting, and so forth.)
- Contribute to the organization of commemorative occasions such UN days observances, UDHR and SDGs marketing campaign, press convention, instructional/Media outreaches, and so forth.;
- Prepare idea notes for occasions/help planning of occasions
- Monitor UN News and Media merchandise from HQ to get these related to Nigeria.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and successfully; listens to others, accurately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks inquiries to make clear, and displays curiosity in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, model and format to match viewers; demonstrates openness in sharing data and maintaining people knowledgeable.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to attain organizational targets; solicits enter by genuinely valuing others’ concepts and experience; is keen to study from others; locations staff agenda earlier than private agenda; helps and acts in accordance with last group decision, even when such selections could not fully mirror personal place; shares credit score for staff accomplishments and accepts joint accountability for staff shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all these to whom providers are supplied to be “clients” and search to see issues from their perspective. Establish and preserve productive partnerships with prospects by gaining their belief and respect. Identify buyer wants and discover ways to fulfill them.Follow the evolution of the state of affairs of consumers, each inside and out of doors, so as to have the ability to anticipateThe issues. Keep purchasers knowledgeable of the progress of tasks. Meet deadlines for supply of merchandise or service supply.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the next circumstances have to be met: Applicants should meet one of many following necessities:
- Be pc literate in normal software program functions;
- Have a demonstrated eager curiosity within the work of the United Nations and have a private dedication to the beliefs of the Charter; and have a demonstrated means to efficiently work together with people of various cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which embody willingness to attempt to perceive and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Be enrolled in a graduate college programme (second college degree or equal, or larger);
- Be enrolled within the last educational year of a first college degree programme (minimal Bachelor’s degree or equal); or
- Have graduated with a college degree (as outlined above) and, if chosen, should start the internship;
- Applicants to the UN Internship Programme are usually not required to have skilled work expertise. However, a area of examine that’s intently associated to the kind of internship that you’re for is fascinating
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required for the internship. Knowledge of Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba languages is fascinating.
- Only Potential candidates will probably be contacted by the hiring supervisor immediately for additional consideration.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
A accomplished on-line application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete functions is not going to be reviewed.
The Cover Note should embody:
- Title of Degree you might be at the moment pursuing?
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from this system?)
- List the IT expertise and packages that you’re proficient in.
- List your high three areas of curiosity.
- Explain why you’re the best candidate for this particular internship.
- Explain your curiosity within the United Nations Internship Program. In your on-line Personal History Profile,
Be positive to incorporate all previous work experiences, IT expertise, and three references.
Note: Due to the excessive quantity of functions obtained, ONLY profitable candidates will probably be contacted
Application Deadline 30th May, 2020
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]