A staff of Union Bank, on Monday, died of COVID-19 in Lagos.
The management of Union Bank on Monday confirmed the death in an internal memo by its Chief Executive Officer, Emeka Emuwa which was made public on Monday.
The staff died while on treatment for coronavirus at the Infectious Disease Center in Yaba, Lagos.
The memo read: “Dear colleagues, notwithstanding the easing of the lockdown, the threat of COVID-19 remains high and real.
“Today, we received a painful reminder of this threat.
“We are deeply saddened to announce that one of our colleagues died in the early hours of today (Monday, May 4th) while being treated at the Infectious Disease Center in Yaba, Lagos.”
EMUWA, however, added that the staff has been working remotely since March, therefore no cause for alarm in any of its branches.
Meanwhile, the world has recorded over 250, 000 coronavirus related deaths. Data compiled by Johns Hopkins University said the death toll passed 250,000 over the weekend and has been increasing by over 100,000 deaths since April 17.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited