The United Nations is the one worldwide group with the attain and imaginative and prescient able to fixing international issues. The United Nations Foundation hyperlinks the UN’s work with others all over the world, mobilizing the vitality and experience of enterprise and non-governmental organizations to assist the UN sort out points together with local weather change, international well being, peace and safety, ladies’s empowerment, poverty eradication, vitality entry, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Administrative and Finance Assistant
Job Opening Number: 19-United Nations Environment Programme-112232-Individual Contractor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Expected period: Initial appointment of 6 months, with chance of extension.
Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
- The Administrative and Finance Assistant will present administrative assist to UNEP’s crew in Port Harcourt.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the United Nations system-designated entity for addressing environmental points on the international and regional degree. Its mandate is to coordinate the event of environmental coverage consensus by retaining the worldwide surroundings beneath overview and bringing rising points to the eye of governments and the worldwide neighborhood for motion.
- The Crisis Management Branch delivers prime quality environmental experience to nationwide governments and companions within the UN household. Field based mostly assessments of the environmental impression of crises type the core of UN Environment’s battle and catastrophe administration operations. However, because the worldwide neighborhood has shifted its focus from post-crisis intervention to disaster prevention, the department has additionally expanded its operational vary, including catastrophe threat discount and environmental cooperation for peacebuilding to its core companies of post-crisis environmental evaluation and restoration.
- The area of Ogoniland, within the Niger Delta of Nigeria, has suffered from widespread environmental contamination as a result of oil manufacturing throughout a number of a long time. UN Environment assessed the extent and severity of the hydrocarbon contamination in a report revealed in 2011: soil, sediments, groundwater, floor water, mangroves, and swaps ecosystems had been significantly affected, and alarming public well being impacts on the inhabitants had been highlighted. UN Environment evaluated that ecosystems remediation might take as much as 30 years, and estimated the prices of ecosystem remediation to as much as USD 1 billion for the primary 5 years of actions.
- The Federal State of Nigeria has dedicated to observe UN Environment’s suggestions, by creating the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP), a devoted establishment to undertake the clean-up course of beneath the Federal Ministry of Environment. However, the method of multinational of this establishment has stalled for a number of years, and solely lately the establishment had its preliminary price range accredited and entered the planning section of decontamination work.
- UN Environment is proposing a challenge which can help HYPREP and its Governing Council to discharge their tasks higher. The challenge is designed in response to a request from the Government and the settlement has already been signed with the Government of Nigeria. This challenge comes as an integral a part of UN Environments persevering with assist to the Government of Nigeria to wash up the environmental contamination in Nigeria and obtain lasting peace within the area. While this present challenge is for a period of 1 year, it’s clear that UN Environment’s technical assist to Government of Nigeria will proceed till the implementation of the unique UN Environment report is accomplished.
- To assist this work, UNEP is searching for to nominate an Adminstrative and Finance Assistant to work within the UNEP Liaison Office being arrange in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. The Terms of Reference for this place is given under.
Don’t Miss : Federal Ministry of Environment 2019 Recruitment
- Ability to carry out a broad vary of administrative capabilities, e.g., price range/work programme, human sources and database administration, and many others.
- Shows delight in work and in achievements.
- Is conscientious and environment friendly in assembly commitments, observing deadlines and reaching outcomes;
- Remains calm in worrying conditions.
- Takes accountability for incorporating gender views and guaranteeing the equal participation of girls and males in all areas of labor.
- Speaks and writes clearly and successfully in English.
- Listens to others, appropriately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks inquiries to make clear, and displays curiosity in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, model and format to match viewers.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing data and retaining people knowledgeable.
Planning and organizing:
- Develops clear objectives which can be per agreed methods.
- Identifies precedence actions and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates acceptable period of time and sources for finishing work.
- Foresees dangers and permits for contingencies when planning.
- Uses time effectively.
- High School Diploma or equal is required. University degree in enterprise administration or equal is fascinating. Technical coaching in Accounting, Finance is fascinating.
- A minimal of six (6) years of labor expertise within the discipline of enterprise administration utilizing monetary and programme methods is a requirement.
- Good information of economic and administrative guidelines and laws is a bonus.
- Experience working with the UN and/or worldwide organisations is a bonus.
- English is the working languages of the UNEP Office in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The means to talk one, or extra, of the 4 Ogoni languages is a bonus.
How to Apply
Interest and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 22nd March, 2019
Subscribe to Get Alert in your Email
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 25
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 7
- Contract Job 6
- Engineering Jobs 8
- Entry-level Jobs 180
- Featured 2
- Full time jobs 555
- Google AdSense know how 5
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 5
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Internship Jobs 35
- JOB FOR SSCE 60
- Jobs and Recruitment 963
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 4
- Jobs in Education 7
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 59
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 52
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 65
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 154
- Management and Logistics Company 5
- Manager jobs 5
- Manufacturing Industry 4
- Marketing Jobs 1
- Medical /Health 10
- MSC/MS / PHD 51
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 566
- NGO / Community Services 3
- Nigeria Election 2
- Oil and Gas Company 25
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 3