UK Must Stop Funding Corrupt Nigerian Security Agencies
Kate Osamor, a member of the United Kingdom parliament joined her colleagues to debate on possible sanctions against the Nigerian government over the problems encountered during the EndSARS protests.
ALSO READ : Catholic Priest Kidnapped In Abuja
Osamor who kicked against UK-funded training for former operatives of the disbanded special anti-robbery squad (SARS) which she said went on despite previous indictments of the squad, also called for reconsideration of funding for some Nigerian security agencies she described as “corrupt”.
She noted that the #EndSARS crisis was “regrettably serious”, and also called on the UK government to look beyond sanctions and pay closer attention into how development funding is spent in Nigeria.
“Today, we need to consider how the government responds to both the movement itself and the violent actions of the Nigerian regime
“We must also take this opportunity to look beyond sanctions into how development funding is spent in Nigeria.
“Instead of funding corrupt security agencies and investing in projects which do not benefit ordinary Nigerians, we need a new focus on poverty relief and anti-corruption programmes.
“At the very moment in which Amnesty International had declared SARS units to have been involved in extra-judicial killings, corruption and torture, the government was using the budget to train and equip those units.”
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
Latest Jobs in Nigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at Edo State College of Agriculture for Academic and Non-Teaching Staff
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 for March / April (7 Positions)
- Massive Recruitment at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bank Teller Job Hiring at Tribest Corporate Support Limited
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State