The British High Commission in Nigeria tweets disclosed that it is following Sowore’s detention closely. The commission also stated that respect for the rule of law and free and responsible speech is fundamental for democracy.
UK government is committed to defending and strengthening human rights worldwide.
The tweet reads;
“As we celebrate #HumanRightsDay, we encourage all political, state and non-state actors to uphold the ideals set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, signed 71 years ago today.
“We are following closely the continued detention of #Sowore. Respect for the rule of law and free and responsible speech is fundamental for #democracy.
“The UK is committed to defending and strengthening human rights worldwide and, as we conclude #16DaysofActivism2019, working to end gender-based violence.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates