Two Soldiers Shot Dead In A Fierce Gun Battle with IPOB ‘s Eastern Security Network
Two Army fighters were killed in a gun confrontation with members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), according to the Army Public Relations Department.
The two soldiers were killed while the army was attempting to resist an onslaught at Adani hamlet in Enugu State’s Uzo-Uwani Council Area.
Before gunmen attacked their location at the Iggah/Asaba checkpoint, the troops were sent to monitor gunmen’s activity in the community.
“Nigerian Army troops deployed to checkmate the activities of gunmen at Adani community of Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, yesterday 13 July 2021, repelled an Eastern Security Network (ESN) gun attack on troops’ location at Iggah/Asaba checkpoint,” said Director Army Public Relations Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu.
ALSO READ : BREAKING: Unknown Gunmen kidnap Kogi monarch
“Unfortunately, two soldiers paid the ultimate price during the ensuing firefight. The culprits are currently being pursued by troops.”
“We promise the general public that, in concert with other security authorities, we will provide adequate security in the general area.
We also encourage the general public to support the security authorities’ efforts by being law abiding and providing vital information on the fleeing gunmen.”
# Two Soldiers Shot Dead In A Fierce Gun Battle
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021