Two kidnapped secondary school pupils have escaped their kidnappers in Kebbi State.
The two, a man and a woman, were among scores of persons abducted from the Federal Government College (FGC) in Yauri, Kebbi State, lately.
On June 17, the gunmen shot security personnel during a gunfight and fled with some pupils and staff members of the institution. The exact number of kidnapped people is still unknown.
On Saturday, the two students were discovered wandering in the Dansadau forest in Zamfara State’s Maru Local Government Area.
The development was confirmed by a leader of the Dansadau emirate to EJES GIST NEWS on Sunday morning. He requested anonymity because he was not authorised to communicate with journalists about the situation.
According to the official, the students were turned up to the police in Dansadau and then transported to the police headquarters in Gusau, the capital of Zamfara State, late Saturday.
Other local sources told EJES GIST NEWS that the students were discovered in the Dansadau woodland around 5 p.m. Saturday and brought to the police station by residents.
The students were spotted roaming in a jungle in Dansadau, according to Zamfara Police Commissioner Hussaini Rabiu, but he said they were rescued by the police.
Mr Rabiu claimed the kids were taken from Federal Government College, Yauri, in Kebbi State, and were particularly chosen from Babbar Doka village in the Dansadau Emirate.
Maryam Abdulkarim, 15, and Farouk Buhari, 17, were recognised as students from Wushishi LGA in Niger State and Wara in Kebbi State, respectively.
“The victims were transported to the hospital for medical examinations, and they were debriefed at the Gusau Police Command Headquarters. “Through the Kebbi State Police Command, the victims would be handed over to the Kebbi State Government,” the commissioner stated.
Kidnapping for ransom has become frequent in Nigeria’s northwest and north-central states, including Kebbi, Zamfara, and many others.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)