The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Office, has secured the conviction of two web fraudsters in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The duo of Shonibare Kayode Hazzan and Adetayo Tade Ademuluyi have been convicted and sentenced by Justice Ibrahim Waliat of the Federal High Court, Abeokuta after pleading responsible to the respective one-count amended fees most popular towards them.
Shonibare bagged 5 months jail time period, whereas Adetayo was slammed with 9 months, each have been discovered responsible of legal impersonation for deploying false illustration to dupe people on the web.
The court had rejected the seven months prayer contained in Adetayo’s plea discount settlement with the Commission. He was given 9 months as an alternative for permitting the court to enter full path earlier than coming to suggest the plea discount.
Shonibare’s sentencing of 5 months was in consonance with the plea discount he had with the EFCC.
Unlike Shonibare, who was first arraigned on March 8, 2019, Adetayo has been standing trial since December 10, 2018.
The convictions will begin from the respective days of convicts’ arrests.
Apart from serving them jail phrases, Justice Waliat ordered the forfeiture of things discovered on the convicts when arrested, in addition to dominated that they return sums of cash in United State Dollars to their victims as restitution.
Shonibare was to refund $45 (Forty Five US Dollars) as towards Adetayo’s $4,000 (Four Thousand US Dollars).
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization