Two Confirmed Dead As Fresh protest in Abuja turns violent

0
Nigerian Men Fight Over A Woman

Two People have been confirmed  Dead in Abuja  Fresh protest.

Yesterday, May 10, new protests erupted in Orozo, Abuja, resulting in the deaths of two people.

ALSO READ : IPOB Plotting To Attack Lagos : Nnamdi Kanu says “It is a lie” 

The new protest in Orozo came just hours after a violent protest by motorcycle operators in Karu on Sunday, May 9

READ ALSO : Tension As Presidency Confirms Attempted Robbery Incident at Aso Rock, Reveals Details

 

According to the Daily Sun, trouble began in Orozo after local youths approached tricycle operators, concerned about the reckless way they parked in the area, and advised them to park properly to avoid causing accidents.

 

“The youths advised traders selling bread, fruits, food, and other products on the roadside to move further inside to make the road clearer,” the source said. While the majority of the keke riders followed the youths’ advice and moved to the location where they asked them to begin using as a parking lot, one Hausa boy declined and attacked one of the youths with a knife. The youths were enraged by the assault on the young man and pounced on him, giving him the beating of his life.

READ ALSO : Breaking: Popular Nigerian Pastor Kidnapped Inside Church 

“Before they even realised what was going on, the said operator mobilised his fellow Hausas, who stormed the area in preparation for retaliation.” The town’s youths, who had not been deterred, quickly mobilised, armed with various weapons, and chased the Hausa boys away. The riot began in this manner. During the clash, two people were killed and dozens were wounded.”

 

Following that, Orozo youths armed with guns, machetes, knives, sticks, petrol, and lighters attacked and destroyed every Keke Napep they saw on the expressway leading to Karshi.

 

A new protest in Abuja has devolved into violence.

 

Motorists, pedestrians, and business owners were all taken aback by their behaviour, and many of them hurriedly locked up their stores for fear of vandalism.

 

The riot, which began about one o’clock in the afternoon on May 10, saw motorists abandon the roads for fear of being targeted by hoodlums chanting “we go kill any Keke wey come Orozo today.”

 

They set up a roadblock at a busy Arab intersection and went about their business without being disturbed or dispersed by officers, who were stationed only a few metres away.

 

Several tricycles were demolished and others set ablaze by the enraged teenagers, who also assaulted a number of people, according to the Daily Sun.

 

Many who were injured during the riot were reportedly rushed to the neighborhood’s Primary Health Center for treatment.

 

To get the youths to leave the city, the deputy commissioner of police in charge of the FCT, who was on his way to pay condolences to the family of the police officer killed by Shite protesters last week, had to intervene.

 

Bala Ciroma, the FCT commissioner of police, acknowledged the storey, but said no one was killed, according to the paper.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.