The two clergymen were said to have been kidnapped on Benin-Owo Expressway at Elegbeka area of Ose Local Government Area of Ondo State, on their way to Akure, the state capital, for a wedding ceremony, on Friday evening.
According to reports the two priests and other guests of the wedding ceremony were said to be coming from Awka, the Anambra State capital.
“Some members of the bridal train were coming in a convoy with the reverend fathers but only the cars carrying the priests were stopped by the suspected kidnappers and they dragged them out of the cars and took them to an unknown location.
“They didn’t even disturb others, their phones were not even collected, they just kidnapped the priests and left others.”
The Director of Media and Communications of the Ondo Catholic Diocese, Rev. Father Leo Aregbesaola, who confirmed the incident, said the church had been searching for the victims. “Rev. Father Amadi posted the incident on our page and he said efforts were ongoing to look for them,” he stated.
However, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Ondo State Command, Femi Joseph said he was not aware of the development
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment