Senate President Ahmad Lawan has spoken out on the Federal Government’s banning of microblogging and social networking platform Twitter.
Nigeria and Twitter, he claims, are mutually beneficial.
He advocated for a peaceful end to the Twitter feud.
Lawan spoke his thoughts at a press conference in Abuja to commemorate the 9th Senate’s second anniversary.
“We believe that Nigeria needs Twitter just as much as Twitter needs Nigeria,” he stated.
“We anticipate that we will be able to remedy this problem.
” But, beyond that, I am hopeful, and I believe we will have all learned our lessons. ”
He expressed confidence in the country’s ability to address its security difficulties.
He added:” I believe this is the worst level we could get to. We cannot go beyond this level, it could only be better.
“i believe we are going to gave a reversal of this situation very soon. We shouldn’t despair, we shouldn’t be despondent. We should have hope and optimism that our situation will be better.”
Meanwhile , President Buhari has appointed Balarabe Ilelah as the new director-general of the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, announced the appointment in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday, June 11.
# Senate President , Ahmed Lawan speaks on Twitter ban
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates