…. NBC Threatens outright closure ahead of coming polls
The National Broadcasting Commission ( NBC ) has sanctioned 45 Nigerian Broadcast Stations throughout the Nation.
According to NBC Each of the stations are to pay N500, 000 for airing campaigns with indecent languages on air.
The whole sum anticipated from the sanction quantities to N22.5million.
NTA, AIT, Channels, TVC lead the pack of sanctioned stations in the build-up to the simply concluded presidential and National elections.
The stations which cut throughout the nation was stated to have committed some infractions which is in opposition to the broadcasting code.
NBC has, due to this fact, warned that it might not pardon any station that run foul of the code in the coming governorship, state Assembly and FCT council polls on the ninth of March.
NBC Director General Modibbo Kawu stated that the commission will likely be compelled to make use of the sledge hammer ought to any station contravene the code.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff