Tunisia has named the country’s first female prime minister.
Read Also : BREAKING: Governor El-Rufai Bans Transportation of Livestock, Shuts Down Markets ( Full Statement )
This online news platform understands that her appointment was announced in a statement issued by the presidency on Wednesday, in which the president tasked Ms Romdhane with forming a government as soon as possible.
The new government’s mandate is to “put an end to the corruption and anarchy that have infiltrated numerous state institutions.”
Ms Romdhane is a professor of engineering at a university and the World Bank’s coordinator of programmes in the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Mr Saied made the appointment two months after deposing former Prime Minister Hichem Mechichi and suspending parliament.
Mr Saied removed the salaries and protections of Tunisia’s legislators last week through a presidential order, allowing him to rule the country by decree. He also suspended portions of the constitution, which sparked Sunday protests.
Around 4000 protesters gathered on Tunis’s Habib Bourguiba avenue on Sunday, despite police officers dressed in riot gear blocking the street early.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)