As many party supporters have defected to the governing APC in Abia state, the PDP camp has continued to decline.
– The defectors relied on their decision to realise their error and to lose political root.
– The spokesmen of the defectors Bunch Adiele and Eze Age urged the ruling party to recognise them.
The governing All Progressives Congress (APC) in one of the southeast states received loyalists from the People’s Democratic Party in the run up to the 2023 general election (PDP).
Thousands of PDP supporters in Abia denounced their membership in a study by The Nation to declare allegiance to the APC’s leadership.
The defectors were allegedly received into the party by the state leadership in the Bende local government area of the state.
As thousands of loyalists defect to APC, the PDP suffers a major blow
After the recent defection, the prospect of the PDP retaining control in the state of Abia has been shattered. Credit photo: @GovernorIkpeazu
While welcoming the new members, the ruling party announced that the defection shows that for Abia and Nigeria, APC is the strongest, adding that their growth will be felt in the general elections of 2023.
The spokesmen for the defectors, Bunch Adiele and Eze Agege, called on the party’s leadership to recognise them unconditionally. After they realised their error, they vowed to be law-abiding and deliver Aba to APC in 2023.
Meanwhile, ejesgist.com announced that the PDP was hit by another high-profile defection as Sam Onuigbo, a federal lawmaker in the House of Representatives of the lower chamber, dumped the APC faction.
Onuigbo, who represents Abia state’s Ikwuano/Umuahia federal constituency, declared his defection during the plenary on Thursday, December 17, 2020.
In a letter addressed to the speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, he made his defection public.
Anselm Ojezua, a former factional chairman of the APC in Edo state, has defected to the PDP in a related development.
Ojezua, who led some APC members to the PDP, said he left the party because his national leadership was losing confidence.
The former APC chieftain also cited the suspected disobedience of the APC leadership to the constitution of the party as another justification for his defection.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International