The crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is far from over as a new faction of the party has emerged.
The new group led by one Emmanuel Nwosu has opened an office at 10, Tito Bros street, opposite Bon Hotel (former Protea Hotel) in Asokoro, Abuja.
Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday, Nwosu said the name of the new group is ‘Fresh PDP’.
He spoke at a time when PDP leaders converged on Nicon Hotel, Abuja, for a two-day retreat for its newly elected officers
Nwosu said some prominent members of the PDP were behind the new party but refused to show their identities.
“We own this party. Those who wanted to hijack the party during the December 9th national convention were not even in PDP when it was formed in 1998,” he said.
“We won’t allow usurpers take over our party. The unity list was imposed on us on December 9th and we are resisting it now.”
Many people were unhappy after the last PDP convention which ushered in the current members of the national working committee led by Uche Secondus.
According to the report, a committee headed by Seriake Dickson, governor of Bayelsa state, has reached out to many aspirants who lost out, there are clear indications that peace is yet to be restored.
Taoheed Adedoja, one of the chairmanship aspirants, has already filed a suit in court, seeking that the convention be nullified.
- FG Approves Recruitment Of 30,000 Graduates For NALDA Programme
- Wema Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]