Latest report as A first Republic Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi has accused Igbo leaders of betraying the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and other pro-Biafra agitators.
In an interview with Vanguard, Amaechi said IPOB members were made to look like law breakers.
“Any aggrieved person, group or organisation has the right to engage in agitations for better condition. There is no law that says that when you are maltreated, you should not complain against or to the person maltreating you. But in the case of IPOB, the Igbo leaders who should have directed them on the best way to follow betrayed them.
“Igbo leaders must not support the IPOB, but at the same time, they should not have betrayed them. If you are my leader and I am doing something you do not support, you should not sell me out or betray me the way Igbo leaders betrayed IPOB and other pro-Biafra groups.
“Personally, I believe in one great country which we fought for its creation and independence, with other notable and patriotic Nigerians who do not have the divisive minds like the present leaders of the country have in today’s Nigeria.
“I am very sad that the country I and other nationalists fought very hard for its creation and independence has been betrayed and my side of the people treated as slaves in their country. It is very annoying and saddening.
“Young men have the right to agitate but their leaders have betrayed them. If their leaders do not support them, they should not sell them out or betray them like they have done to IPOB which has been roundly betrayed by Igbo leaders who should guide them.
“IPOB is not a terrorist organisation and they are neither armed nor involved in any kind of violence. MASSOB has been there over the years doing their thing without violence, yet Nigerian government has been after them, but in the North, people are being killed, houses burnt and communities sacked by herdsmen, yet they have not been declared a terrorist group. It is IPOB they declared as a terrorist group.
“When a people as part of a union say they are not happy with the union like the Biafra agitators are doing and embark on protest against the union, the people should be allowed to decide their faith whether to belong or not, it was done in Great Britain,” he said.
Pay Attention To:
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021