A 45-year-old man identified as Onyebuchi Ashiema has been allegedly beaten to death for parking his car wrongly in a street at Igboukwu community of Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State. Daily Post report.
Ashiema was said to have been attacked by a 36-year-old man, one Evans Obuneme Nsoani, after they both had an altercation over a wrongly parked vehicle.
The deceased was said to have been rushed to the hospital, but later died as a result of internal injury he sustained from the beating.
The spokesperson of Anambra State police command, SP Haruna Mohammed confirmed the incident, saying that Nsoani, the assailant has been arrested by the Igboukwu police division and was currently being detained.
Haruna said, “On the 20/2/2020 at about 10:37am, one Evans Obuneme Nsoani ‘m’ aged 36 years was arrested by Police detectives attached to Igboukwu Division.
“Suspect had on the 18/2/2020 at about 10pm, allegedly assaulted one Onyebuchi Ashiema ‘m’ aged about 45 years of Nsukka but resides at Ngo village, Igboukwu in Anambra State over a “wrongly parked vehicle” on the highway.
“As a result, victim who allegedly suffered severe beating from the suspect was rushed to the hospital and later confirmed dead by a medical doctor.
“Postmortem examination revealed that victim died as a result of internal injury he sustained following the assault.”
Haruna said that the deceased has been deposited at Dr Nlogha Memorial hospital, Uwani, Enugu for autopsy and that the case was under investigation at the State CID Awka after which suspect would be charged to Court for prosecution.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt