A drunk driver has caused severe damage in Delta state, running over a family of four.
According to Sun-News, a middle-aged man identified as Uche on Saturday ran over a family of four and three others with his Toyota Camry car at Ogwashi-Uku in Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State.
One of the victims, a grandmother in her early sixties, died on the spot, according to an eyewitness who also said three others gave up the ghost at the hospitals.
The sources said other survivals are in critical condition at the hospital.
READ ALSO : I Regret Being Used By Pastor Okafor, Others To Stage Fake Miracles – Woman Arrested For Fake Healing
Local sources said the culprit was driving after allegedly being intoxicated with a combination of drinks and weeds, adding that he was on top speed in the residential area when he rammed into the people.
He was said to have disappeared from the scene immediately after the incident, abandoning the vehicle and the victims on the spot.
It was further learnt that when the vehicle with registration number ASB 635 AH was searched by the police, a rap of Igbo (weed) was found.
The victims were said to be returning from the church where they had gone to clean the worship centre in preparation for tomorrow’s (Sunday) service when the incident occurred.
Public Relations Officer of the state police command, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya who confirmed the incident, however, said five persons were involved in the lone crash, adding that one person died.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Transport, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi practically broke down in tears during the funeral mass of his Chief Security Officer, Mr Tony Iwelu, at Mary Immaculate Catholic Church, Ogwashi-Uku.
Ameachi who described the death of his aide as “one of my greatest shocks and personal losses”, said the deceased has been around his family in the last 17 years.
His words, “The realisation of Tony’s death was to say, the least, an unbelievable occurrence even as it appears to be so.
“Tony had through thick and thin been dedicatedly around me and my family for the past 17 years. I am throughout speechless as it concerns Tony’s death because this is one of my greatest shocks and personal losses
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies