It was another tragic moment in Ibadan, as first year science and laboratory technology student of the Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology, Barakat Bello has been raped and murdered in Ibadan.
According to report, she was attacked near her home at Akinyele Akinyele Government area of Ibadan.
Barakat’s father found her dead body around their home and after it was examined, they discovered she had been raped before she was murdered.
She has been quietly buried by her family on Tuesday June 2nd 2020.
This attack is coming on the heels of the rape and brutal murder of Uwaila Onozuwa, a 22 year old student in Benin.
Nigerian women have taken to social media to express their anger and outrage with several voices calling for Justice.
@chisom_xo said “Rape doesn’t have to do with what we’re wearing or what time we chose to go out!!! We have freedom of movement!!! So should we now be scared to exercise our rights just cause rapists wouldn’t stop raping?? It has to do with the rapists not the victims!
#StopRapingWomen” Reacting to the recent reports of sexual Violence, WellBeing Foundation’s Toyin Saraki said “Instead of keeping our promise to protect and empower women and girls, in Nigeria in 2020, we are still burying them.”
She called for radical reform of the police, to end the impunity of sexual violence against women and girls.
“In the name of all our global and national commitments to women and girls, the Nigerian state must make systemic changes to protect our young girls.” She said.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)