Auditor-General of Bauchi State, Abdu Usman Aliyu
An unfortunate incident occured as the Auditor-General of Bauchi State, Abdu Usman Aliyu was shot by gunment and his 25-year-old son, Zulkifiru Mohammed was abducted.
Spokesperson of the Bauchi State Police Command, DSP Ahmed Wakil, who confirmed the incident to Nigerian Tribune on Sunday evening, said that the Auditor-General’s friend identified as Iliyasu Suleiman, 50, was also abducted by the assailants.
Wakil said that the two were kidnapped after failed attempt to kidnap the Auditor General on Saturday evening, January 23.
According to the spokesman, Aliyu was on his way to Kardam village in Tafawa Balewa LGA to see his family and friends when the gunmen who were said to be trailing him opened fire wounding him in the process.
Aliyu resisted and was shot at close range by the attackers while six other people in the car (three men and three women) with him ran for safety.
Thinking that he was dead, they abandoned him and ran into the bush leaving him in a pool of blood.
Motorists evacuated and rushed him to General Hospital in Tafawa Balewa before he was transferred to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH) where he is on admission at the Trauma Centre.
Wakil said immediately after the incident was reported by a resident of Kardam, policemen at the Tafawa Balewa Division went to the scene but the gunmen had already gone away with the two victims.
Meanwhile, daughter of Abdu Usman Aliyu, who was in the car when the attack happened, confirmed the incident, adding that the kidnappers have made contact demanding for the sum of N30 million in order to release the two victims.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State