An officer attached to the Katsina State Command of the Nigeria Customs Service has lost his life after he was attacked by unknown gunmen.
Garba Nasiru, who was an Assistant Superintendent of Customs, was killed at a checkpoint in Dan Arau village along the Katsina/Jibiya Highway on Friday, October 2.
It was gathered that security operatives retrieved his corpse from the bandits after a gun battle. The late officer had since been buried according to Islamic rites.
The Spokesperson for the Katsina State Police Command, Gambo Isah confirmed the incident but did not give details.
“Yes, the incident was true; bandits killed a customs officer at the Dan Arau village checkpoint but approach the customs for details.” he said.
Meanwhile a relative of the deceased as taken to Facebook to mourn his death.
See His Post Below;
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)