The 23-year-old German footballer is in quarantine at home while the rest of the playing staff will be tested as well, as a precaution.
Gerhard Zuber, sporting director of the German club said: ‘Timo behaved in an exemplary manner.
#H96-Profi Timo #Hübers ist positiv auf das #Corona-Virus getestet worden. Da der 23-Jährige seit der Ansteckung keinen Kontakt zu seinen Teamkollegen hatte, ist nicht davon auszugehen, dass sich Mitspieler bei ihm infiziert haben. ? #NiemalsAllein ⚫⚪?https://t.co/MBVQOdDnI1
— Hannover 96 (@Hannover96) March 11, 2020
‘He shows no symptoms himself. So far, when he found out that a person who had been with him at the event was tested positively, he reported directly to the doctor and temporarily went into quarantine at home. ‘
According to the club’s website, it is assumed that Hubers picked up coronavirus at an event on Saturday evening.
“It is assumed that Hübers got infected at an event in Hildesheim on Saturday evening. Since the 23-year-old has had no contact with his teammates since the infection, which can be precisely localized, it cannot be assumed that teammates have become infected with him.
Nevertheless, we will act responsibly – the entire professional squad, trainer team and staff will be tested for the virus as a precaution,” the club said in a statement.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022