Nigerian singer, Timi Dakolo and his photographer wife, Busola Dakolo on Sunday afternoon, held a press conference in Lagos. While speaking at the press conference, the singer revealed his wife just told him about the rape incident last year.
According to him, she had made several attempts to tell him about it but would not be able to until she summoned courage last year and opened up to him.
Timi said after Busola told him what happened, he was saddened that such a thing could happen to her in a church – he later then encouraged her to tell her story to the world no matter the repercussions. He vowed to be by his wife’s side all through this journey.
The singer raised his concerns on the manner in which the letter of summons was delivered to him and his wife yesterday Saturday July 20th by the police.
Timi maintained that what happened at his house yesterday was nothing but intimidation. He wondered why the policemen will send armed men to come invite him and his wife for questioning.
Timi, in course of the conference, alleged threat to his life and his family since Busola spoke out her truth – he stated that strange people have shown up at his place unannounced several times. He also said that some persons have also trailed himself and his wife whenever they go out.
He said his wife filed a petition against Fatoyinbo at the police station on June 27th, a day before the interview where she made the allegation was released.
He went on to refute the claims that he is seeking financial gains with the rape saga. According to Timi, he is a singer who makes money from performances as well as collect royalties from some of his works. He also added that he writes songs for some foreign artistes and makes money from that.
Addressing newsmen at the conference, the proud father of three said there is a difference between a sin and a crime and that anyone who commits a crime must pay for it.
He added that Nigerians have encouraged the culture where victims of abuse are forced to keep quiet and carry the garbage to their matrimonial homes where they cannot even reveal such to their spouses.
Responding to the allegation that he had stated in a previous interview that he met Busola a virgin, Timi said he never made such a statement and finds it abnormal for him to sit with someone to discuss his wife’s sexual history.
Addressing a question on how Busola was doing, the father of three said no one can say exactly how she is feeling but that she is currently seeing a psychologist who she can bare her mind to.
Also speaking at the press conference, the Executive Director of Enough is Enough Nigeria, Yemi Adamolekun, revealed that Timi’s lawyers, Falana and Falana, will be sending a letter to the police tomorrow Monday July 22nd for clarity on the summons delivered on Saturday.
According to her, the summon delivered yesterday had some inconsistency that needs to be cleared before Timi and Busola can respond to it.
See photos from the press conference below,
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]