Three troops were killed by bandits in the state’s Magama Local Government Area, according to Niger State Governor Sanni Bello.
When security agents were pursuing the remainder of the criminals, some of the bandits were slain and two bodies retrieved, according to Mr Bello.
He told this to journalists after a meeting with the state’s security leaders at the Government House in Minna on Tuesday.
According to Mary Noel-Berje, the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, 25 evacuated communities are returning home.
READ ALSO : Just In : Judge Kidnapped In Katsina Court
“Refuge has begun to return to communities affected by banditry operations in Shiroro, Munya, and Mariga local government districts, even as 25 displaced communities return to their ancestral homes,” she said in a statement on the governor’s meeting with the journalists.
Governor Bello, who said he had been monitoring the IDPs’ movements, said there was no need to be concerned because everything was going smoothly.
“I am pleased to report that we have seen significant progress, with many IDPs progressively returning to their areas, particularly in the Shiroro, Munya, and Mariga local governments.
He stated, “We have at least 25 communities that have returned to their various houses.”
Security threats, however, exist in some communities, according to the governor, who emphasised that security agents were working round the clock to alleviate the situation.
“That isn’t to say we aren’t facing issues; we still have a few villages under threat, but security services are doing everything they can to limit the situation,” he said.
Mr Bello claims that if the federal government sends more security officers to the state, more ground will be covered.
“The governor assuaged fears of a food crisis in the state by emphasising that the IDPs who were returned to their homes are from key agricultural producing areas, and that they will resume farming activities right once.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)