Criminal Herders Are Being Tried And Convicted Across Nigeria.
- The Presidency on Monday said “thousands of” herdsmen are being tried and convicted across the country for illegal activities.
- President Muhammadu Buhari has faced criticism for taking a soft approach to the herdsmen crisis based on ethnic affiliations.
- Most herdsmen are Fulani, the same ethnicity as the President.
On Monday, the Presidency said that “thousands” of herdsmen are being tried and convicted for illegal activities across the country.
President Muhammadu Buhari has faced criticism for taking a gentle approach based on ethnic affiliations to the herdsman crisis.
Fulani, the same ethnicity as the President, are mostly herdsmen.
But speaking on Sunrise Daily’s Channels Television on Monday, presidential spokesman Garba Shehu said there is no substance to such criticism.
“I hope the police will take responsibility and publish the full list of Fulani herders on trial in different states, especially in the state of Benue,” Mr. Shehu said. “Trials are going on, convictions are being made, and in the sort of things that are said about him, the President can not be complicit.”
Mr. Shehu also stated that the President is fully aware of the security situation in the country and works to ensure the safety of lives and property.
The President is more than concerned about the current situation,” he said, “and he is fully aware that it is the duty of his government to work with all Nigerians to secure lives and stop the ongoing crises, be they kidnapping or ethnic hatred and violence. He condemns them.
READ ALSO : EFCC Arrests 20 Suspected Yahoo Boys, Recovers Cars, 40 Phones, 17 Laptops, Others (Photo)
To work with the President is for community leaders-local, traditional, and elected.
The military of the country, as we speak, is overstretched because they are active in at least 34 of the federation’s 36 states, including the FCT.
“Day and night, the Air Force, the police are recruiting; people are being trained in special operations and sent into the forest.”
‘Violent Herdsmen Condemn’
Senate Minority Leader Enyinnaya Abaribe had accused the President of treating criminal Fulani herdsmen with children’s gloves earlier in the show.
“Abaribe said, “The President needs to come out and say I do not endorse these kinds of actions, these criminal elements. “He has to come out, and everyone sees that this problem is his own.”
“But he added, “We have never heard of it. Where did the President ever say that in this country these criminal herdmen would never be tolerated? What we’ve heard all the way down since 2016 is ‘to live in peace with your neighbour’ and ‘to try to accommodate your countrymen’ and things of that nature.
And that now makes it possible for those who commit these crimes not to be punished.
And if you see eruptions here and there in the rest of the country, all targeted at a specific segment of people, you should be very worried. What is it that gives these people the impetus to continue committing these crimes, and why should you be very worried? ”
‘Uncharitable’ is Abaribe.
Mr. Shehu did not agree that the President did not condemn the violence of the herdmen.
“When Femi Adesina or I speak for the President, it should be accepted by people that it is the President who speaks,” he said.
It is the actions of this President that should speak for him. He’s not a showman here. There he doesn’t have to be.
And let’s understand, there is nothing we are trying to personalise. Senator Abaribe spent a lot of time attacking President Muhammad Buhari, saying that he had not spoken out against this kind of violence, even at a rhetorical level.
“That is most uncharitable. This country has difficulties. It requires everyone’s involvement. All the hands have to be on the deck.’
# Criminal Herders Are Being Tried And Convicted Across Nigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State