Popular Nigerian singer, Simi, has reacted to the new directive on the eligibility for SIM card usage.
The singer spoke after a deadline was issued by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) for all SIM cards to be registered with the National Identity Number (NIN).
On Tuesday, the NCC had in a statement given all telecommunications companies in Nigeria a 14-days timeline to block SIM cards not registered with the NIN.
“The submission of NIN by subscribers to take place within two weeks (from today December 16, 2020 and end by 30 December, 2020). After the deadline, all SIMs without NINs are to be blocked from the networks,” the statement read.
Amid the criticism that trailed the new development, the 32-year-old singer took to her Twitter page on Wednesday to register her frustration on the actions of the Nigerian government towards its people.
“Lol I want out. Honestly, if they want to block it, they should block it. Cos I’m tired and maybe the 15 ppl that are able to register in 2 weeks can be calling themself,” she wrote.
Honestly if they want to block it, they should block it. Cos I’m tired and maybe the 15 ppl that are able to register in 2 weeks can be calling theirsef.
— Simi (@SympLySimi) December 16, 2020
Since the directive was issued, Nigerians — both home and in the diaspora — have continued to express their displeasure at the new policy direction.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates