On social media, the sad storey of a little girl who was tagged “pregnant” by community members has gone viral.
Her 6-year-old daughter, according to her mother, has a disease that causes her stomach to swell, but community members want to believe she is pregnant.
Her mother remarked,
“She’s just six years old, so people will assume she’s pregnant just by looking at her. That, however, is not the case. She suffers from an illness that is slowly killing her.
She had begun nursery school, but one day she returned complaining of stomach pains. We thought she had diarrhoea, but she was in so much pain that she couldn’t even sleep. She was forced to drop out of school as a result of this.
In such a tough situation, her father left us. After watching his daughter’s situation deteriorate as he was unable to afford regular medicine, he pretended to go to work one day and never returned.
He left us in a bind. Her stomach condition and height have made it difficult for her to engage with other kids.”
People started calling to give money to them for her medical bill after she met Afrimax, she said, and their situation improved.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer