The Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, has said that Nigeria cannot make progress if it doesn’t borrow to fund the building of its infrastructure.
Ahmed at a media briefing at the statehouse Abuja on Thursday February 25, said this while reacting to criticism regarding high levels of borrowing by this administration.
In her words
”The level of borrowing is not unreasonable. It is not high. If we say we will not borrow and therefore we will not build rails and major infrastructure until our revenue rises enough, we will regress as a country. We will be left behind. We wouldn’t be able to improve our business environment and our economy will not grow.
We just need to make sure that when we borrow, we apply the borrowing to specific major infrastructure that would enhance the business environment in this country”
The total borrowing of Nigeria as of December 31, 2020 is nearly 25% of the GDP.
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Pay Attention To:
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out