The victim’s severed head was discovered on Monday morning dumped at the entrance of Ekakpamre community following an ongoing dominance cult clash in the region.
READ ALSO : Breaking : Ohanaeze Gives Marching Order to ESN , Vigilante Groups to Chase Away Killer Herdsmen from East
According to credible reports, the cult conflict has culminated in a killing spree and a collapse of law and order in the city, with a police and vigilante post being partially razed by angry youths.
A non-resident indigene of the city named Emmanuel was murdered while on his way to his grandmother’s funeral before the victim’s head was cut.
When contacted, Delta State Police Acting Public Relations Officer, DSP Edafe Bright, stated that a thorough investigation is underway to identify those responsible, and that they will be apprehended as soon as possible.
Similarly, a suspect has been arrested by the Delta State Police Command in connection with the assassination of Austyn Emu, the President of the Delta State Anti-Cult Volunteers Corps.
The perpetrator, who was apprehended by a team of operatives in Kwale on Sunday, has made valuable admissions for a clandestine investigation into the killing.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer