Members of the House of Representatives are to question former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former President Goodluck Jonathan over the recovery of money stolen by a former military Head of State, the late Gen. Sani Abacha. An 11-member panel of the House constituted to investigate the recovery is set to start work this week.
Findings indicated that the panel, which is chaired by a former Chairman, House Committee on Appropriation, Mr Abdulmumin Jibrin, would visit Obasanjo and Jonathan in their homes to question them over their role in the recovery. The visit is to be a deviation from the usual practice of issuing summons to persons to appear before National Assembly committees in a bid to accord the two former leaders due respect.
However, the committee will summon the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun; the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami; Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr Godwin Emefiele; and a former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. Better known as ‘Abacha loot,’ it is unclear how much exactly successive administrations after Abacha recovered for Nigeria from foreign countries and other locations where the stolen money was stashed.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]