News Now at EJESGIST NEWS desk is that “Barely 24 hours after Sam Ode was officially pronounced the running mate to the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Emmanuel Jime, hoodlums yesterday raided his home in Makurdi, the Benue State capital.
Almost two months after Jime became APC governorship candidate, efforts to choose a running mate for him were deadlocked.
It was gathered that, It took intervention of the party’s stakeholders in Benue South and its State Leader, Senator George Akume, to settle for Ode, a former Minister of State for Niger Delta.
But after his name was made public, hoodlums brandishing knives, axes, cutlasses and clubs suspected to be cultists stormed his HUDCO Quarters in Makurdi at 4 a.m yesterday.
Confirming the incident on phone to The Nation, Ode said he was not at home when the hoodlums stormed his house.
“My security guards told me that some men armed with knives, axe, clubs and other weapons forced their way into my house and asked after me, even though I was not at home. I suspect they were after my life,” he said.
The former minister said the matter was reported to security agencies.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited