Photo credit: The PUNCH
According to a report by The PUNCH, the police have taken over Mapo Hall, Ibadan the venue of the rally organised by the Prof Banji Akintoye-led Ilana Odua to sensitise people about Yoruba self-determination.
Akintoye, who is an 86-year-old Emeritus Professor of History, was scheduled to lead the rally but our correspondent observed that the venue is surrounded by armed policemen and armour personnel carrier.
There are more than 20 police vehicles including patrol vans in Mapo Area.
The organisers have also not been seen at the venue although some members were said to have come earlier and left because of the situation there.
However, a truck-mounted with a megaphone was later seen with a few Yoruba agitators going towards Oritamerin from Bere side.
Calls put across to some of the organisers were not picked. But it was gathered that they were strategising for the next line of action.
Google Search Terms
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022